Do you know how to use two WhatsApp accounts in one Android phone? So in this article, I have explained the step by step process following which you will be able to use dual WhatsApp in one Android phone with different numbers.
WhatsApp is one of the most widely used messaging application in the world. In the present time, it is one of the most easiest way to connect with your family, friends and relatives from any corner of the world. WhatsApp is used not only to share photos and videos, but it is also used to make voice and video calls in free of cost.
WhatsApp is compatible with both Android and iOS (Apple) devices. It can be downloaded for free from Google Play store & Apple store and it is totally free of cost service.
Now a days, almost every smartphone comes with dual SIM card support feature. However, if you want to use WhatsApp on both of your mobile number active in a single phone, then it creates a problem because WhatsApp allows to create only one WhatsApp account on a device with one mobile number. This becomes necessary when you are using the same mobile phone for both personal and business purpose but maintain different SIM cards.
Luckily many Smartphone companies like Samsung, Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi, Huawei, Realme, One Plus, etc. allow their users to clone Apps and set up dual apps or parallel apps. However the terminology used by different smartphone manufacturers may be different, but they all perform the same function. So now, you don’t have to carry two smartphones just to use two WhatsApp accounts.
First, lets start with the name of the Smartphone Manufacturer and location where you can find this app cloning setting.
Also Read: How To Make WhatsApp Video Call on Computer & Laptop?
Smartphone Brand & App Cloner Locations
Different smartphone brands use different nomenclature and the location of this Dual App setting may be differnt.
Realme user can go to Settings > App management > App cloner.
Oppo mobile users can go to Settings > App Cloner.
Xiaomi (MIUI) users can go to Settings > Apps > Dual apps.
Samsung mobile users can go to Settings > Advance features > Dual Messenger.
Vivo users can go to Settings > Apps and notifications > App Clone.
Huawei and Honor smartphone users can go to Settings > Apps > App twin.
OnePlus user can head to Settings > Utilities > Parallel Apps.
Also Read: How To Hide WhatsApp Chat Without Deleting Them
How to Use Dual WhatsApp on One Smartphone
1. To enable secondary WhatsApp Account, Go to Settings.
2. Then search for Dual Apps or App Cloner or Twin Apps or Parallel Apps. The name of the feature may depend on the smartphone brand you are using.
3. Then enable the toggle button present near the WhatsApp App..
4. Wait for the process to complete and after completing, there will an option to Rename the cloned app. You can choose any name as per your choice.
5. Then go back to the Home screen & there you will see a second WhatsApp Icon with a clone marking on it.
6. After that open the cloned WhatsApp App and click on “Agree & Continue“.
7. On the next screen, you will be asked to enter your phone number.
8. There you have to enter your second number that you haven’t yet used for WhatsApp account creation & then click on “Next”.
9. After that, you will receive an OTP (One Time Password) for verification.
10. On entering the OTP, you will be asked to complete the account setup process. After which your second WhatsApp account with different number will be activated.
So this the simple process which you can follow to activate dual WhatsApp account in a single Android Device with different mobile numbers. Also there are many other third party methods through which you can clone WhatsApp, but those process are little bit time consuming and will also consume more storage.
If you have any query related to this or any other stuffs, then do let me know in the comment section.
Till then, take care.
Thanks For Reading!