Are you searching for ways on how to make WhatsApp video call on computer or laptop? If the answer is yes, then here we are going to explain you in detail on how you can access the WhatsApp Video call feature using you laptop and computer easily.
WhatsApp is one of the most used application in the world. In the present time, it is one of the most easiest way to connect with your family, friends and relatives from any corner of the world. WhatsApp is used not only to share photos and videos, but it is also used to make voice and video calls in free of cost.
Making a WhatsApp video call from smartphone is easy and most of us know how to do that. But many people don’t know how to make voice/video call on their laptop and computer because its a little bit tricky process.
As we all know that you can access your WhatsApp from any computer or laptop using WhatsApp Web feature. This web version of WhatsApp allows you to access and control all the WhatsApp features that you were using in the smartphone.
How To Do WhatsApp Video Call on Computer Using WhatsApp Web?
Before making any video call through WhatsApp Web using laptop or computer, there are certain basic requirements that need to be fulfil.
For making or receiving WhatsApp video calls on any Computer:
- You must have an active internet connection on your computer and phone.
- You must grant access to WhatsApp for you computer’s microphone & camera.
- You need an audio output device, microphone and camera connected to your computer for calls.
- Note: Video calling will not be supported if your computer doesn’t have a web cam.
To make WhatsApp video calls using you laptop or computer through WhatsApp Web, Follow the below steps:
1. Open web browser and search for WhatsApp Web.
2. Then click on WhatsApp Web and open it.
3. Now here you have to scan the QR code displayed on the screen from your WhatsApp account present in your smartphone.
Also Read: How To Use WhatsApp Web Login in Computers
How To Scan WhatsApp QR Code From Mobile?
To scan the QR code displayed on your computer screen, first you have to open your WhatsApp on your smartphone.
Now on the top right corner of your mobile screen, you will see three dots. Click on it.
After that you will see a list of options, from them click on third option “WhatsApp Web”.
Then you will se a option to “Link a device”. Click on it.
On clicking, your smartphone’s back camera becomes active and you have to Scan the QR displayed on your computer screen with this camera scanner.
After this step, you will be successfully logged in to your WhatsApp on computer.
4. After the log in ,click on the three dots on the left side of WhatsApp Web.
5. Here you will see a option to “Create a Room”. Click on it.
6. Now a pop up screen will open, where you will find option as “Continue in Messenger to Create a Room”.
7. Upon clicking on “Continue in Messenger“, you will be redirected to a new tab where you will be asked to sign in with your Facebook or Messenger Account.
8. After signing in, another screen will appear where you will see a option as “Send a link to group video chat with anyone, even if they don’t have Messenger”. Then click on “Try it”.
9. Once you clicked on “Try It”, you will be asked to “Create Room As XYZ”.
10. After that, a screen will appear where you will see a your Room Link.
11. Now you have to send this link through WhatsApp, Email or Message to the person with whom you want to make WhatsApp video call.
12. As the person click on the shared link, he/she has to enter his/her name for entering in the room you created.
13. Upon entering, he/she will be connected to you as guest on video call.
How To Make Group Video Call From WhatsApp Web?
If you want to make group video call with your friends and family, then you have to send the link generated in the above process to all your friends and family with whom you want to make group video call.
As soon as they click on the shared link, they will be be connected with you in video call as a group.
So in this way, you will be able to connect with a large number of people. The only demerit is that you have to share the link to each one with whom you want to connect.
Also Read: WhatsApp vs Signal vs Telegram | Which Is Better and Secure Messaging App?
How To Make a Voice Call on WhatsApp Web?
To make a voice call on WhatsApp web with anyone, follow the below steps.
1. Log in to your WhatsApp Web after scanning the QR code on the computer screen.
2. Then open the individual chat/contact with whom you would like to make a voice call.
3. Click on Voice call icon displayed and you are done.
During the voice call, you can mute or unmute your microphone by clicking the Microphone icon displayed on your computer screen.
To end a ongoing voice call, you simply have to click on “End call” option displayed on the computer screen.
How To Make WhatsApp Video Call on Mobile?
To make a WhatsApp Video Call on Mobile with your friends and relatives, follow the below steps.
1. First of all open your WhatsApp in your mobile phone.
2. Then select your contact with whom you want to make video call.
3. Now the selected contact’s chat screen will open, and there you will see a camera option on the top. Click on it.
4. As soon as you click on the camera icon, you will hear mobile ringing sound.
5. As the person accepts the call, video call will be started.
Also Read: WhatsApp Pay In India Launched | How Users Will Get Its Benefits?
How To Switch Between Voice and Video Calls?
While on a video call on WhatsApp Web with anyone, you can request to switch to a WhatsApp voice call and vice versa. When you raise a request to switch between voice and video call, then the request can be accepted or rejected by the 2nd user by clicking OK or Switch to accept and switch the call or Cancel to Decline.
For switching between video and voice call, follow the below mentioned steps.
1. Hover over the Camera icon displayed on the screen during the ongoing call.
2. Now click on the Camera icon.
3. On clicking, the voice call will be switched to a video call if the person with whom you are contacting accepts the request to switch.
4. On accepting the by clicking Ok, both the person will be able to contact via web cam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I make a video call from my laptop?
There are many application software for making video call just like WhatsApp such as Zoom, Skype, Jio Meet, etc. You have to just open the application, find the person you want to call, and tap on the video call button.
Q. How can I make WhatsApp video call?
Open your WhatsApp, then tap on the CALLS tab, then click on New call . After that find the contact you want to video call, then tap Video call .
Q. Are video calls free on WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is one of the most popular free messaging service in the world. Both the video calling and voice calling feature is free on WhatsApp. The only thing required is that you must have an active internet connection.
Q. What is the video call limit on WhatsApp?
You can add up to 8 people in the WhatsApp video or voice call, and all the calls are end-to-end encrypted.