Aadhaar Card is an important document for every Indian citizens, but most often people face difficulties in getting their information updated in it due to complicated procedure.
So, now here we are going to tell you the easiest ways to know where is your Aadhaar card details is being used and to make sure that your Aadhaar card isn’t getting used elsewhere.
Importance of Aadhar Card
Aadhaar Card is compulsory and a really important document for every Indian citizens in today’s time. It avails the facilities of all government, non public and private institutions. Aadhaar card is employed for several different functions, including opening of bank accounts, getting admission in schools, purchase of property, for treatment in hospitals and lots of other places. It can’t be denied that the Aadhaar card is a very important and necessary document now a days.
Aadhaar card is required in many functions from all government to non-public and private institutions.
On the other side, in some places Aadhaar number is mandatory to take the advantages of the government welfare schemes. This card has become a very important document of our lifestyle. In such a situation, if you have not applied for an Aadhaar card, then go and apply for your Aadhaar card at the earliest.
Now when the Aadhaar Card is a vital document for all the Indian citizens, people often face difficulties in getting their personal information updated in it. Now the Aadhaar card has become necessary, in such a situation it’s also important to keep the card details in safe place. If it doesn’t, then it can even be misused.
So here we are telling you ways you’ll certify your Aadhaar card isn’t getting used elsewhere by someone you don’t know.
In this way, you’ll be able to cross check where your Aadhaar card has been utilized in the last 6 months. If your Aadhaar card is getting used somewhere else, then you’ll be able to also stop it and might file a complaint.
Steps To Check Where Your Aadhaar Card is Used
You can check where your Aadhaar card details has been used and when it’s been employed by visiting the official website of UIDAI.
- For this, first you’ve to visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Then open the link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/aadhaar-auth-history
- After that you have to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar card number in the box provided, which will be seen under ‘Aadhaar Authentication History‘.
- Now enter the 4-digit security code shown
- After that, click on ‘Generate OTP‘ to proceed further.
- An OTP (One Time Password) will come on your registered mobile number.
- Then a new page will open, in which you will have to enter the authentication type, select date range, number of records and OTP.
- Then go to the newly opened page and select ‘All‘ option from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the option of ‘All‘ in the ‘Authentication Type‘ drop down.
- After this you have to select the ‘Select Date Range‘ on the page.
- Here you can get up to 6 months old information only.
- Now you have to select ‘Submit‘ option.
- After this ‘Number of Records‘ will be displayed on your screen.
- Filling all the information you can get information of up to 50 records only.
- After this, enter OTP for authentication, then click on submit option.
- After this, you’ll get all the information; it’ll be when and where your Aadhaar card has been used.
If you are feeling that your Aadhaar card has been misused, you can file a complaint to the respective authority.
Also Read: How To Prevent Someone From Adding You To WhatsApp Group
How To Get ATM-Like Aadhaar Card For Just 50 Rupees?
UIDAI has also started making water resistant PVC Aadhaar available to people for just ₹ 50 and it is like an ATM card. People think that this PVC card similar to ATM is going to be expensive, but it’s not expensive.
So as to remain within the grip of people’s hand, it’s been kept at low prices. This PVC Aadhaar card is provided with many safety features. together with being quite convenient, it’ll not deteriorate soon and it’s also waterproof.
It’s also designed to seem attractive similar to that of driving license and PAN card. All the data of citizens is printed on this PVC card.